Monday, October 18, 2010

Dinner Time!

I used to love to cook.  I used to sit and read recipes books in my spare time.  I used to try out new dishes on my family on a regular basis.  Oh, those were the days!  I still enjoy cooking, but I often find that I don't take time to properly plan out my menus.  And then 5:00 pm rolls around and I'm wondering what the heck I'm going to put on the table for Hungry Hubby and the Bottomless Teenage Pit for dinner.  That is when I pull out my trusty Desperation Dinners cookbook.  It is truly a lifesaver.  The authors, Beverly Mills and Alicia Ross have put together a book that allows us harried women to put together a nice meal, quickly.  And, with ingredients that most of us have in our pantries.  If you are looking for a handy helper for your kitchen, I highly recommend this book.  You can find the book here.

On tonight's menu was a recipe from the Desperation Dinners cookbook - Chicken Marsala.  It turned out beautifully and we all enjoyed it.  I'm on a mission to try to organize recipes that we try and enjoy so that I can remember to make them again.  So, each time I use a recipe that gets the thumbs up from all who are around our table, I quickly add it to my recipe file that I've got on my computer.  And, I just found these really cute fillable and printable recipes cards here, which will make saving now and printing later a breeze!  Check it out - maybe you'll like them too!

2 comments:

Crafty Girls said...

PICTURE of the dinner???? :)

Sharon said...

Are you kidding? It was scarfed up so fast I didn't even have time to whip out the camera, much less snap a photo!! LOL

Post a Comment